Welcome Guest!

You will require an account to use selected functions within these forums. You can create a profile by clicking the register button in the top left-hand corner of your screen. In the meantime welcome to BlackmagicUser and good luck in all your endeavours. ....................PS - We're Tapatalk-ready if you prefer to browse through mobile or android devices. Listed as Blackmagic User.

• Photo

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Lens

blackmagic cinema pocket camera lens lenses sigma canon olympus 12mm SLR Magic panasonic Micro Four Thirds adapters M34

• Please log in to reply

#1 motrellik

motrellik
    • Members
    • 4 posts
    Show Profile Fields

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

This thread is intended to provide an informative list and summary of available lenses for budget to pro future users of the BPCC.

Thus far I have added a range of lenses for MFT, with the help of the community I will begin to add more lenses into more categories, for example Super 16,  C mount and PL mount etc.

I have arranged the lenses from lowest price first.

So please add more lenses to this thread via reply to contribute and extend this list.

Thanks!

Micro Four Thirds Primes  (M34/MFT)

Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN | A
    About 55.1mm (55mm) $199
    [website]

PANASONIC Lumix G 14mm F2.5 Lens
    About 40.6mm (40mm), $200 or less
    [website]

SLR Magic 12mm T1.6 Hyperprime Cine Len
    About 34.8 (35mm) approx. $350
    [website]

Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f1.8
    About 49.3mm (50mm) approx $500
    [website]

Olympus 12mm f/2.0
    About 34.8mm (35mm) approx. $650 - $800
    [website]

Nokton F0.95/17.5mm aspherical
    About 50.75 (50mm) approx. $1100 - $1400
    [website]

C-Mount Primes

Schneider 10mm f/1.8
    About 29mm (30mm) approx. $100
    [ebay]
    Nice looking C-mount wide prime from the legendary brand. Will not vignette too. <- need to clarify.

Angenieux 10mm f/1.8
    About 29mm (30mm) approx $100 - $300
    [ebay]
    Another budget wide angle C-mount prime from yet another legendary brand.
    Fixed focus, one of the cheapest wide-angle lenses for BMPCC, it seems to offer less for your money than the Schneider.

Kern 10mm f/1.6
    About 29mm (30mm) approx. $250 - $350
    [ebay]
    It focuses like a proper lens, a little faster than the two lenses above.

JML 25mm f/0.95
    About 72.5mm (72mm) approx. $400
    [ebay]
    Ultra fast prime, good bargain alternative to similar spec Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95.
    Picture quality suggests a must have lens for BMPCC.
    Both Angenieux and Schneider also have 25mm f/0.95 C-mount primes, although are much more expensive.

Angenieux 15mm f/1.3
    About 43.5mm (44mm) approx. $450
    [ebay]
    Faster than the 10mm lens, also has a focusing ring.
    The images this lens produces are very nice, see this video, may vignette, need to clarify

Used C-mount Prime Lens Packs
    Set of 4 lenses, approx. $650
    [ebay]
    This little set has quite a few cool Schneider prime lenses and the Angenieux 10mm f/1.8  too.
    No wonder there are 3 offers on it already even though the buy it now price is $650.

Nikon F-Mount

Samyang / Rokinon Cine-series lenses

8mm T/3.8
    $350 [USA] / €360 [NL] / €280 [DE]

10mm T/3.1
    t.b.a.

14mm T/3.1
    $440 [USA] / €430 [NL] / €292 [DE]

16mm T/2.4
    t.b.a.

24mm T/2.4
    $750 [USA] / €670 [NL] / €620 [DE]

35mm T/1.5
    $550 [USA] / €580 [NL] / €460 [DE]

85mm T/1.5
    $350 [USA] / €400 [NL] / €370 [DE]

PL-Mount

Lens Adapters

• BlackmagicUser likes this

#2 BlackmagicUser

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Also have a look at this thread my friend:

http://www.blackmagi...a-camera-bmpcc/

#3 motrellik

motrellik
    • Members
    • 4 posts
    Show Profile Fields

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Also have a look at this thread my friend:

http://www.blackmagi...a-camera-bmpcc/

Thanks! I've just updated the c-mount primes, I feel embarrassed I missed that thread.

#4 Ruben Kremer

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Whilst on the topic of lenses for the BMPCC - an interesting question arises when you look at future-proof lens investments. Which lens-mount is the most future-proof if you're going to invest in glass?

I was looking at the 'legendary' ;)  Samyang / Rokinon Cine-series lenses. They offer the following primes: 

• 8mm T/3.8
      $350 [USA] / €360 [NL] / €280 [DE]

• 10mm T/3.1
      t.b.a.

• 14mm T/3.1
      $440 [USA] / €430 [NL] / €292 [DE]

• 16mm T/2.4
      t.b.a.

• 24mm T/2.4
      $750 [USA] / €670 [NL] / €620 [DE]

• 35mm T/1.5
      $550 [USA] / €580 [NL] / €460 [DE]

• 85mm T/1.5
      $350 [USA] / €400 [NL] / €370 [DE]

All these lenses are available in Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony E as well as Sony A-mounts. All are only available in full-manual of course, so there is no need for communication with the camera. Passive lenses. But which mount will be the most future proof? For example: I'm thinking that I might someday to upgrade the BMPCC to a 4K camera. Which camera that'll be is to be decided at that time, but right now I'd say BMC4K. I also still have my Canon 550D/T2i, which will not go into the trashcan as soon as the BMPCC arrives. It's still a great bang-for-buck camera with a bigger sensor, so I might still use it as a B-cam. 

The easiest answer would probably be EF-mount, because that would fit the 550D, BMPCC (with an adaptor) and the BMC4K. But I believe that's too short-sighted. Which of these mounts has the greatest adaptability? I hear mr. Bloom has a preference for Nikon-mount manual lenses, even on his Canon camera's because of this. What's your thought on this?

And just for your info - personally I'm considering the 14mm very seriously right now. 

UPDATE I: I just added the 10mm and 16mm to the list. The 10mm f/2.8 has officially been announced last year during Photokina, and has been confirmed to go on sale by the end of 2013 (delayed due to changes in optical construction). Guesstimating the F to T conversion scale, it 'll most like be a T/3.1 in Cine-form. The 16mm has only just been leaked, and will be a f/2.0 - which converts to a T/2.4 .... no prices 

UPDATE II: After research and inquiries, and I can now comfortably say that the Nikon F mount is de most future-proof mount for full manual lenses. This mount will most easily be adapted to other mounts. 

UPDATE III: For your information - Samyang lenses are also branded as Rokinon, Walimex, Vivitar, Falcon, Bower and Pro-Optic

UPDATE IV: I've added international prices. USA prices from B&H are excl. VAT and Sales Tax, because of ridiculous irregularities between state taxes. NL prices are from my local dealership CameraTools.nl and are incl. taxes. And the German (DE) prices are from Amazon.de and are also incl. taxes. So it pays off to shop around.

Edited by Ruben Kremer, 28 May 2013 - 10:42 PM.

• BlackmagicUser and Tech like this

#5 motrellik

motrellik
    • Members
    • 4 posts
    Show Profile Fields

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thanks! Ill add theses shortly
    • Ruben Kremer likes this

#6 Pablo Trujillo

Pablo Trujillo
    • Members
    • 6 posts
    Show Profile Fields
    • Company:TripioFilms Producciones
    • Website 1:Click
    • Twitter:Click

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hello everyone!

A few months ago i pre-order a Blackmagic cinema pocket (in B&H) and buy in ebay a C mount lens 16 canon zoom lens 12.5-75mm.

Reading in some webs, I found some comments that this lens will not work correctly in BMCP.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Since I read that C-mount lenses would be perfect, also has an f1.8 lens which is very fast.

Besides crop factor somebody say is x3, but in a video interview for a member Blackmagic says the crop factor would only be approx x1.3-x1.4

Anyone have any answers to these contradictions?
    thank you!

greetings from Chile

Pablo

#7 Ruben Kremer

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

(...) buy in ebay a C mount lens 16 canon zoom lens 12.5-75mm. Reading in some webs, I found some comments that this lens will not work correctly in BMCP.

(...) Besides crop factor somebody say is x3, but in a video interview for a member Blackmagic says the crop factor would only be approx x1.3-x1.4

Hi Pablo,

The #BMPCC will work with almost every C-mount lens out there, via an adapter of course. It not the question of 'will it work', the point is more: will it cover the sensor enitrely? There are a lot of 16mm film lenses out there, and then there are Super-16mm lenses. The 16mm lenses might cover the sensor, but there's no guarantuee, especially on the wide end thing tend to get a little more difficult. 

When getting a Super-16mm lens, you can almost be certain that it will cover the Super-16mm sensor, logically. However even these lenses might vignette a slight itty bit on widest FoV's ... not all .. but especially zooms seems to be vulnerable to this. 

In respect to your Canon 12.5-75mm lens - I really can't tell right now - but I suspect the widest focal length will be a bit tricky. Zoom in a bit and you might be fine. But that's all speculation until you actually give it a shot.

As to the crop-factor: it is 2.88x for a fact, you can fiddle around with my FoV calculator get find out the effect of this (shameless plug of myself ;) ). The Blackmagic employee was referring to the crop-factor compared to the M4/3 sensor size, he got things mixed up.

• Tech and Pablo Trujillo like this

#8 Miguel Ângelo

Miguel Ângelo
    • Members
    • 10 posts
    Show Profile Fields

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Just found this amazing site were there are a lot of C mount lenses professionally tested at differente appertures!
    Do check it out!
    http://www.pekelhari...m/?page_id=1902

• Tech and Ruben Kremer like this

#9 motrellik

motrellik
    • Members
    • 4 posts
    Show Profile Fields

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Just made some updates,
    apologies for the delayed response, was very busy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackmagic, cinema, pocket, camera, lens, lenses, sigma, canon, olympus, 12mm, SLR Magic, panasonic, Micro Four Thirds, adapters, M34

blackmagicuser.net is a third party website